Ten facts about me? Wow…where do I even begin?
1. Becoming a student is the most stressful thing that has ever happened to me. Maybe that sounds ridiculous to people older and more experienced than me, but it’s true! In high school I thought I knew exactly what I was going to do and I thought I was meant for greatness right out of the gate. BOY was I WRONG! My major has jumped from animal science to English. It’s weird I know but it makes sense to me.
2. I’ve been in the same relationship for 6 going on 7 years. When I tell people this I get startled reactions like I have done something impossible. Yes, I have been in the same relationship since 9th grade. No, I don’t wish I had dated other people. We are happy, why look for something else when you have something wonderful right in front of you?
3. A TV character that I really relate to would be Jessica Day from the show New Girl. Bubbly, random, and crazy. A movie character I relate with would be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Wishing I could leave the small town I live in and explore the world and loving my books. The character from a book that I relate to would be Nick Carraway from The Great Gatsby. Just wanting everyone to get along and chill out with the craziness.
Here is a video of Jessica Day reacting to a compliment that accurately represents me in every way:
4. I have a few pet peeves. One of the more severe ones would be staring. I cannot stand when someone is blatantly staring at you, no shame, taking in every thing you do without saying a word. Staring, getting caught, and looking away timidly is one thing but when you are just locked on and don’t even say anything to the person, that is just plain rude.
5. Although I changed my mind about my major, I still adore animals and am determined to insert myself into any situation involving them. I volunteer at a retirement farm for horses and it is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. It is definitely my therapy and stress relief once a week!
6. I am weirdly obsessive about collecting antique books. I don’t really know what it is, even if it is a book that I would never read, if it is super old and beautiful, you better believe it is being bought. I have stacks upon stacks of old books that will take eons for me to actually read, but it is so satisfying to admire my collection no matter how pointless.
7. Something I find really irritating about myself would be how awkward I am around strangers. It may start off well, but somewhere during the conversation I will second guess myself and start stressing about what they are thinking about me and how I am presenting myself. It’s something I have to work on daily and I know it will get better as I discover myself.
8. As I have stated before, I love animals. So it won’t be surprising to you when I say that the fact that animal abuse even exists sickens me to my core. I know most people feel this way but it feels almost personal when I see an article telling me that another defenseless animal has fallen to the hand of mankind. One day I’d like to be an active advocate for animal rights.
9. I love poetry. I first gained interest in it when I was in 9th grade and I’ve been captivated since. My personal poet is definitely Walt Whitman, and I say this because I feel that we share the same amazement at the variety of human life and the beauty of the world around us. I am currently reading Leaves of Grass and it is wonderful so far. Here is an excerpt from the lengthy poem:
10. Sometimes I think that I was born in the wrong era. I adore everything 50’s and I wish my entire wardrobe consisted of circle skirts, crinoline, and collared dresses. I would wear that stuff every day if people wouldn’t think I was insane… then again, should I care what people think?